Here, you’ll find why we’re fundraising, previous training on fundraising, trips, see who’s raising the most money, news to share with your network of friends about the Festival, social media toolkit, and much more!
Join the National LGBTQ Task Force by becoming a 2022 Winter Party Festival Ambassador. Your efforts will support the National LGBTQ Task Force’s Queer the Vote, helping us with our Get Out the Vote work around the country. In addition, you help local LGBTQ grassroots organizations in South Florida through a grant-making process administered by the LGBTQ Community Fund of The Miami Foundation.
* Raise $100, and you plus a friend will each get a beverage of your choosing at the Beach Party. Sip on Gatorade, take a shot, share with a friend or enjoy two drink tickets for yourself. Gurl, the choice is yours!
* Raise $250, and you’ll receive a Winter Party Festival Fanny Pack. This cute party accessory will make it easier to carry all those other party accessories! No one likes bulging pockets…said no one ever. The first 10 people to raise $250 will receive two additional drink tickets to the Beach Party.
* Raise $300, and you’ll receive a ticket to the Under One Sun Party. Join your friends and chosen family from all over the country for a special dance under one sun!
* Raise $500, and you’ll receive a General Admission Ticket to our signature event, The Beach Party. Imagine blue skies, the ocean breeze, and dancing with your chosen family while cracking that fan, for free.
* Raise $1,000, and you’ll earn a Weekend Pass to Winter Party Festival. Enjoy an entire weekend living free and playing hard while giving back.
Anyone who raises at least $250 will receive two free drink tickets and a fanny pack. Ticket and pass incentives are not cumulative. For example, if you raise $1,000 you will receive two drink tickets, a fanny pack, and a weekend pass.
Step 1: Set Your Goals
You’ve taken the first step to support Winter Party Festival and the Task Force by creating a fundraising page for the upcoming Festival. There are two goals: raise lots of money and encourage people who’ve never given before to get started! Set goals for each. We suggest starting with a goal of raising $250 and getting 10 new people from your circle of family and chosen family to make a gift to your campaign. We have thank you incentives to help you come up with your fundraising goal.
Step 2: Set Your Strategy
How are you going to get to your goals? You and all your friends decide how much you’re able to give — and no amount is too small or too large. Think about what dollar amount your network will be most likely to respond to and suggest that amount as a way to reach your goal.
Step 3: Fill Out Your Profile & Get Your Link
Create your profile account on the Winter Party Festival 2022 – Just Giving page. Add a photo, and here’s where you set your financial goal. Tell your personal story. Why are you raising money for Winter Party Festival? When was your first Winter Party Festival, and why is it more important to come together this year. A personal story is always more successful. And be sure to create your personalized link at Winter Party Festival 2022 – JustGiving –so you can share it with your family and friends directly.
Step 4: Share, Share, Share
Now it’s time to get the word out! Using the personal touch is always the most effective. And if you need a little help getting started, we’ve included sample social media posts, emails, text messages, and general talking points on our website’s fundraising page!
Step 5: Look for Additional Help
Is there anyone in your network that would also want to be an ambassador for Winter Party Festival by setting up their page? Deepening the engagement of your network is a great way to maximize your impact. Have them follow steps 1-3 above so they can fundraise for the Task Force too!
Step 6: Have Fun!
Don’t stress! Put the FUN in fundraising. Get those #Throwback pictures out of you with your chosen family or you in a speedo and post them to help you raise some money. You’re doing outstanding work for us, and we appreciate your help!